Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Schedule of the Weekend

Thursday

PM – Everyone arrives, get settled into hotels, rooms.

*We are all responsible for our own dinners. (We will arrange for a late night snack)


Friday

*David Law Clan day for meals (David Laws, Paul A. Laws, Daniel Laws, Michelle and Family.

Breakfast: 8:00 – 10:00 AM

10:00 AM - Kid friendly outing to a park or something.

Lunch: 12:30 – 1:30 PM

Afternoon naps for children (who still nap), movie for kids who don’t, adults spend afternoon catching up, reconnecting.

Dinner: 5:30 PM (This could be our babysitter night, with Adults only dinner out)

Spend evening doing favorite Law pastime…TALK!


Saturday


*Howell Clan day for meals (Andrew Howells, Kimberly and JR, Farnham’s, Jason, Nathan and Family, and all Shell family members as well)

Breakfast: 8:00 – 10:00 AM

Midmorning hit up pool, tennis tournaments, basketball games, cornhole, bocce ball.

Lunch: 12:30 PM

Afternoon continues with swimming, tennis, b-ball, and back yard games.

Cookout: 5:30 PM

Evening spent visiting, with a slide show and video time. Bring any old Zaire/Congo pictures, videos or slides that you have!


Sunday

*Paul Law Clan day for meals (Paul Laws, Stephanie, Burleigh Laws, Salvatoris)

Breakfast: 8:00 – 10:00 AM

11:00 AM Casual Worship Time (maybe Uncle Andrew could share, we’ll get musical talents to get some songs together)

Lunch: 12:30 PM

Relaxed afternoon, no planned activities.

5:30 PM Dinner

Evening adult time spent maybe sharing as families about future plans, projects, and then close with some prayer time for each other!

2 comments:

  1. This is the answer to Uncle Andrew's question posted somewhere on this blog. YES, Paul and I will get babysitting for that Friday night. As time gets closer, I'll need a head count of kids and ages so I can figure how many sitters will be needed. I figure we will ask some of the ladies that work at Jojo's daycare or I may be able to find a few teenagers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. In regards to the Friday dinner out, I really don't know where we should go?? I'm thinking I should try to find a restaurant with a private party room that does buffet-type meals. Another option would be to rent the community club house and hire a local restaurant that caters a meal--lots of options there. The nice thing about this option would be no transportation issues since people can just walk to the club house and for those nervous about leaving their children it would be close. A third option is that the hotel where some people are staying has a nice restaurant---they also have meeting rooms and do catered events. Does anyone out there have an opinion on this???

    ReplyDelete